Sunday, April 26, 2009

the house plans


Exterior View of the planned house. I don't want to build a roof like that over the deck. But, I was unable to figure out how to define a roof type that is different from the main house with this program. I think that I'd like a shed roof on the deck. Maybe put the solar panels on the roof.
Also, imagine this whole design lifted about 3 or 4 feet off the ground.





Upstairs- Bedroom and a bathroom with a composting toilet. The whole shower thing will come in later.







Downstairs- The front door is on the left by the stairs. That area is split off in large part to have a wall spanning the whole building for structural integrity. That little room in the entry is for the composting part of the composting toilet and some storage.






















2 comments:

  1. I like the design, but you mentioned solar panels - I have put a lot of thought into them - the technology just does not work this far north. bummer

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I have been using solar panels for about 5 years with great success. In fact, until recently, my cabin was entirly run on DC from the solar panels.

    ReplyDelete