Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The ground is softening at the house site. I'm watching carefully to see if the ground retracts. When we went to a Cold Climate House Building class in Anchorage, we learned about insulating around the foundation. The teacher of the class lives in Fairbanks (where it gets to 60 below) and knew a lot about this. At the time, I kind of blew the concept off because I'd never heard of it before. But, now I am thinking that he is on to something. Basically, he advised insulating with blue board below ground, around the foundation. I can now understand why. But, even if we had done that, I wonder if it would have made a difference because there was no home, producing heat above that foundation.

Meanwhile, my loan is officially available to me. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment