Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Little Help From My Friends






This Memorial Day weekend was a productive one for us. We were happy to be visited by a couple of Eli's friends who were anxious to help us build. On Saturday, we successfully finished 1/2 of the sub floor for the first floor. To finish the rest of it, I'll be ordering some more lumber and BCI's today. On Sunday, Eli and a I made a few improvements, including a ramp so that we (and our critters) had an easy way to get up and down there to do work or just stand and enjoy the view. It's so amazing to have gotten to this point finally.



Later on Sunday, I worked at the laundromat (3-11:30PM) so we put the house on hold other than buying some 4x4 s for bracing.



Then, on Monday, Eli's friends showed up just as we were beginning work again. On this day, we cut the 4x4's and put them in place with some giant screws. The structure is VERY sturdy now. YEAH!

After the work was done for the day, we fired up the BBQ and cooked up some fresh oysters, served up with butter, garlic and lemon. Mmmm

I also made some homemade gourmet chips and some hot dogs and pork chops. Gotta feed the free help! Today, I'll be making some hamburger patties and freezing them to be sure that I have ready to cook food in the freezer anytime someone comes to help. I'll also be placing another order of lumber with SBS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment